Sustainability and environmental awareness were at the heart of the decision-making process when building The Zetter. As a result, it has been designed to be an energy efficient hotel, using sustainably sourced and environmentally sensitive building materials and controlled by an intelligent building management system. We also have a Green Team who meet once a month to make sure that we a maintain standards, implement new initiatives.
Some of our eco friendly features and practices include:
- Our own borehole beneath the building: not only does this provide you with the freshest London spring water, we also use it to flush loos and cool both our fridges and your bedrooms.
- An energy loop system: a bit technical, but basically it means we swap energy around – so as you heat your room, it helps us cool our fridges.
- Natural light and ventilation: this is provided by The Zetter’s central semi-elliptical atrium.
- Occupancy detection systems in the bedrooms: so that when you aren’t there, minimal energy is burned.
- Also, when a bedroom window is opened the air conditioning has been designed to cut out - just like that!
- All the timber used in the building’s construction was bought from sustainable sources, and all the paints used in our interiors are environmentally-friendly.
- We recycle all glass and paper used by the hotel and its guests.
- We have bicycles for our guests to hire as well as recommended routes to follow on foot or by bike.
- Our bath and shower products have been chosen for its environmentally friendly packaging and the formulations, which contain no parabens, phthalates, petrol-derived ingredients, mineral oil, urea, DEA, TEA or propylene glycol.
- The Zetter is also a founder member of the Sustainable Restaurant Association which supports restaurants in their quest to purchase from sustainable and local suppliers as well as advising on waste reduction, energy efficiency and fair trade suppliers.
We also have a Green Team who meet once a month to make sure that we a maintain standards, strive to make further improvements and share new ideas.
We are always open to new suggestions so if there is something that you think we should be doing please do let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or filling in one of our comment cards.